Remote - Regional Sales Director
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
The Regional Sales Director is a key role with responsibility for all aspects of field sales force operations, including defining the strategic plan, region/territory management, pipeline build and management, forecasting, cross functional team collaboration, and coaching team members. Developing key growth sales strategies, tactics, and action plans are also part of the scope of this role. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve defined financial targets. Sales director duties will include hitting monthly/quarterly/annual targets, building C-level relationships, and understanding customer trends.
- Own and hit/exceed monthly/quarterly/annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends
- Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Provide input and facilitate business process assessments, improvement recommendations and implementation within Sales Operations, Channel and Client Services
- Work closely on sales planning activities including territory alignment.
- Provide coordination and support to sales force incentive programs. This individual will be charged with working closely with the Sales and Human Resources functions to facilitate the creation and monitor the effectiveness of incentive plans.
- Involvement in the sales/marketing strategic planning process.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Keep track, monitor, and respond to all company’s performances related to sales
- Inspire and foster a high-performing sales culture
- Recruit and develop team who will lead the business forward
- 15 years’ field sales experience and sales leadership experience in the Healthcare/Healthcare IT industry
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Previous experience as a sales executive, sales manager or sales and marketing director
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Demonstrable experience as sales leader, developing client-focused, differentiated, and achievable solutions
- Strong communication abilities as well as strong data management skills
- Strong leadership skills, be able to multitask effectively on a variety of sales operations projects, be analytical, and pay strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well by themselves, but also be able to perform effectively in a team setting
- Proficient with basic computer programs to communicate with other teams in their company and create documents and presentations
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to travel when necessary
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.