Contract AWS Cloud Software Engineer
Are you looking to make a difference in healthcare? Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO) is changing the future of healthcare. We are the team behind medical terminology solutions that improve history accuracy and completeness, reimbursement rates and more for over 80% of US clinicians, including inside of roughly 100 EMR’s.
The AWS Cloud Software Engineer, Contractor, is a role within our software engineering department on the platform team that provides standardized AWS infrastructure, implementations, and patterns. Additionally, this team provides shared implementations of libraries and services, such as API Gateway, to our internal software development team customers.
We leverage Amazon AWS as our cloud provider and embrace tools for automation and continuous delivery, including TFS, Octopus Deploy, Terraform, AWS CodeBuild/CodeDeploy, and more. Not only do we leverage these tools for deploying production-facing apps to external customers, we also use them to automate the creation, governance, maintenance, and configuration of the underlying cloud infrastructure that all our teams build upon.
- Create, maintain, and improve the automated creation, deployment, and operation of the shared AWS infrastructure used by all software development teams at IMO
- Develop, maintain, troubleshoot, and improve AWS infrastructure-as-code that the organization builds upon
- Understand, create, deploy, and curate tooling and cloud services, both new and existing, used throughout the organization
- Work closely with software development teams to ensure operational success of production applications
- Focus on automation and work on development tasks to reduce manual toil, reduce outages, and enhance scalability, security, and resiliency
- Demonstrated success using Terraform to spin up production-ready, highly available (HA), secure, resilient, AWS infrastructure at scale within an organization
- Experience working on an AWS infrastructure team within a software engineering organization
- Demonstrated track record of automating application deployment, using a wide variety of Amazon AWS services and resources, at scale
- Hands on experience in developing, deploying, monitoring, and supporting highly available, AWS deployed, applications
- Able to leverage and automate AWS tooling around governance, security, costs, tagging, etc.
- Experience in automating configuring monitoring and alert tooling such as New Relic
- Experience with operating systems and a strong understanding of network architectures
- Experience supporting and deploying applications to Windows based servers
- Experience with source control tooling, such as TFS or GIT, in a team environment
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.