Vice President, Partnerships
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
For all IMO positions, if you live in the Greater Chicagoland Area, Houston, TX, or Roseville, CA, you’ll be expected to work from an IMO office 2 days per week.
IMO is looking for a best-in-class strategic partnerships professional to join our team and drive revenue, growth, and positioning of IMO’s solutions across the healthcare IT and technology spaces. In this role, you’ll be responsible for establishing relationships within prospective partner organizations to position IMO products as the most valuable solution to existing healthcare data quality and workflow issues. You’ll also maintain and strengthen relationships with IMO’s coveted industry partners and ensure the long-term success of those alliances.
To be successful in this role, you’ll bring a proven track record of success leading partnership efforts within the healthcare technology space. You’ll be able to leverage your existing network to introduce IMO solutions into new organizations. Your relationship building experience, emotional intelligence, and business acumen will help you quickly establish yourself as a trusted ally within IMO’s existing partner network.
What you'll do:
- Identifies and exploits market penetration and revenue generating opportunities through strategic partnerships with industry leaders (namely in the Life Sciences and Healthcare ecosystems) - blue-chip and emerging/high-growth brands alike.
- Serve as executive sponsor & relationship manager for IMO’s existing & prospective strategic product partners (e.g, Epic, Cerner, Veradigm, AWS).
- In partnership with IMO’s key strategic product partners, develop and proliferate new integration opportunities between IMO’s product portfolio & IMO’s partner’s respective platforms and client base.
- Modernize IMO’s legacy “channel partnerships” function from a traditional, channel sales transactional model to a dynamic, tech/product-forward function building novel new business opportunities in close collaboration with IMO’s strategic product partners.
- Lead and manage the strategic partnerships team by guiding team members to achieve or exceed partnership goals. Mentor and coach team members to strengthen existing partnerships and build new relationships.
- Collaborate closely with, influence the direction of, and hold key product, engineering, and commercialization teams accountable for success.
- Utilize depth of knowledge in both technical/product sophistication & customer-facing capabilities to successfully represent IMO’s data quality platform and its versatility (endless use-cases) with technical/product leaders from IMO’s key partners.
- Reports to the Executive Vice President of Organizational Transformation and partners with IMO’s Leadership Team to drive IMO’s enterprise success.
- Along with the Executive Vice President of Organizational Transformation, partner closely with IMO’s Chief Operating Officer & Chief Growth Officer to ensure high quality product development & commercial success with IMO’s existing and prospective product partners.
What you'll need:
- Deep experience in strategic partnership, product/technical leadership and/or client success, roles within the healthcare technology industry, ideally within private equity-backed environments. 15+ years’ experience preferred.
- Possesses deep understanding of data flows within healthcare and life sciences enterprise, and best practices around data quality, data management, data insights, and clinical documentation tools.
- Experience leading highly complex, cross-functional teams; able to partner across organizations to influence and drive change within and outside the strategic partnerships function.
- Proven track record in successfully managing key external relationships with enterprise healthcare organizations.
- Exhibits the leadership ability, gravitas, and rigor needed to interface with IMO’s Board, ELT, and key external partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
Impact you'll have:
- Establish new relationships with some of the leading names in healthcare, life sciences and healthcare technology, to solve complex data quality and documentation issues.
- Grow and strengthen bonds within IMO's existing network of partners to make us integral to their business strategy and success.
- Enable the growth of our strategic partnerships function by coaching and mentoring a team of experienced professionals, providing your experience, knowledge, and paths to success to them.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.