Software Engineering Manager
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
The Software Engineering Manager supervises a team of talented Software Engineers and is responsible for their productivity and career development. This means that he or she serves as a career coach, process advocate, productivity metrics analyst, and escalation path for their team. The Software Engineering Manager thrives on helping others achieve and motivates and develops staff in an effort to maximize their individual contribution to the company and professional growth.
- Serve as an Agile/Scrum process advocate for the department.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, coaching and enhancing and maintaining a best of class engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Gather metrics on and provide reports regarding individual productivity and contributions to team development.
- Serve as a career and professional development coach to the software engineers.
- Administer various HR functions for the team such as conduct performance reviews, 360 feedback surveys, approve timesheets and paid time off, performance improvement plans, etc.
- Act as an escalation path for team impediments and help motivate the teams to solve their own problems.
- Manage various communities of practice that focus on the improvement of team dynamics and productivity.
- Provide frequent forms of performance feedback to individuals to foster rapid, relevant and actionable development tasks.
- Participating in various departmental and cross-functional meetings to act as a representative for engineering delivery and the agile values of the department.
- Manages internal stakeholders’ perspectives on process and flow of work into the department.
- Catalyze departmental change to support agile values, especially around a culture of value delivery.
- Previous experience in a Software Engineering Lead or Manager role, or as a Scrum Master or Product Owner.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or requisite experience.
- Excellent Analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to operate in an Agile team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Strong and effective inter-personal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff, while maintaining positive client and staff interactions.
- Experience using agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence tools a plus.
- Self-motivated with strong leadership and presence.
- Must possess critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Advanced proficiency with use of Microsoft Office applications and other tools that facilitate the requirements gathering and design phases.
- Prior direct experience in analyzing data for a healthcare-related field preferred.
IMO provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.