Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
For all IMO positions, if you live in the Greater Chicagoland Area, Houston, TX, or Roseville, CA, you’ll be expected to work from an IMO office 2 days per week.
As the Assistant Controller, you will be responsible for reporting financial statements in accordance with GAAP, have significant involvement in the external audit, help establish and maintain accounting policies, and drive process improvement (including internal controls). Our ideal partner will be a self-motivated team player who is excited to roll up their sleeves and has a strong foundation in the software industry and US GAAP.
What You'll Do
- Hands-on management of the monthly financial statement close process including preparation and review of journal entries, review of P&L accounts and preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Point person on accounting for software development costs, including reviewing proposed and ongoing projects, providing guidance on management controls and processes, calculating and preparing monthly entries, and reconciling and reporting activity.
- Manage the accounts payable function, including team members and operational processes with a focus on driving efficiencies and timeliness; and ensuring appropriate controls over expense coding and disbursements.
- Lead process documentation efforts for the accounting team by executing process walkthroughs, documenting results, and identifying interdependencies, control points, and opportunities for improvements.
- Help lead, mentor, and develop the accounting team.
- Help manage the preparation of the quarterly and annual income tax provisions, tax returns, estimated tax payments, sales tax filings, and other tax projects.
- Key participant in the annual financial audit, including preparation and review of assigned audit requests, and preparation of and control over financial statements and footnotes.
- Lead or support special projects as needed, including acquisitions, technical accounting research, and the evaluation and implementation of new accounting standards.
- Significant involvement in maximizing the new ERP (NetSuite), including identifying opportunities for process improvement, automation enhancements and driving efficiencies.
- Proactively evaluate opportunities to drive efficiencies and effectiveness in accounting and operational processes/systems and in the accounting close process.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 6+ years of experience in accounting-related work (large corporation and/or Big 4 public accounting experience a significant plus)
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP and experience researching technical accounting issues, including familiarity in areas such as Revenue Recognition, Capitalization of Internally Developed Software, and Equity
- Demonstrated success as a people manager
- Commitment to continuous process improvement
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to take full ownership of assignments and who can effectively work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Experience managing complex and/or judgmental accounting areas
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong excel skills and attention to detail
What We'll Give You
- The space to be innovative and collaborative with your peers and team members.
- Training from the best. Collectively, we have years of expertise in Healthcare and Software.
- Part of a tight-knit team that supports each other, challenges each other, and is looking to make a significant impact in the industry.
- Excellent benefits package, including competitive benefits through multiple health, dental, and vision plans, 100% company match up to 5% contribution on your 401(k), unlimited PTO and hours, and more!
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.