Head of Sales Development
Business Development - New Markets
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
Open to fully remote candidates with a willingness to travel for periodic onsite collaboration (Rosemont HQ office or Chicago office).
As the Head of Sales Development, you will be primarily responsible for building a world-class sales development function from the ground-up while driving lead-generation efforts for IMO's prospect accounts. You will develop and execute strategies to achieve revenue targets, optimize processes and results, build and mentor a high-performing sales team, and educate healthcare organizations on how Intelligent Medical Objects can help.
This role will partner closely with our robust marketing and sales teams that can offer the right tools and resources to help this team win. If you enjoy a high-visibility role, putting your “stamp” on things, crushing targets, and building and mentoring our future enterprise sales reps, this is the job for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Hire, lead, mentor and coach a team of SDRs
- Act as a leader, empowering the team to exceed targets every month by mastering our value proposition and lead development process
- Create, communicate, and track individual team goals
- Spend a significant part of your day coaching and helping your team
- Consistently work to improve the team’s conversion rates
- Utilize sales enablement tools to drive conversion and team success – i.e. Salesforce
- Foster a strong relationship and processes between the Lead Development and Sales Teams
- Collaborate with the marketing teams to help develop assets and tools to support the efforts and results of the SDR team
- Go above and beyond to ensure team synergy and best practices are utilized
- Nurture and grow the team and help them reach their next career goal. This team is all about learning and growing!
- Be willing to test, optimize and test again!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 10+ years of SaaS sales success, as well as experience building and scaling a sales development team
- Extensive outbound lead generation experience and success
- Ability to motivate a team and coach them to surpass their goals
- A profound desire to be part of something bigger than yourself and the confidence to deliver that message to our customers
- Mastery of the sales funnel from inbound, nurture to cold calling
- Have a track record of regularly meeting or exceeding targets
- Tech-savvy, love to help others, and passionate about sales
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Experience working in a Salesforce
- Ability to thrive in a task and goal-driven environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Success building strong and healthy teams
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth environment
WHAT WE'LL GIVE YOU:
- The space to be innovative and collaborative with your peers and growth team members.
- Training from the best. Collectively, we’ve got years of expertise in Healthcare and IT.
- Part of a tight-knit team that supports each other, challenges each other, and is looking to make a significant impact in the industry.
- Excellent benefits package, including competitive benefits through multiple health, dental, and vision plans, 100% company match up to 5% contribution on your 401(k), flexible PTO and hours, peak performance club trips, and more!
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.