Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
We are seeking an Assistant Controller to join the Controllership team. Reporting to the Controller, our ideal partner will be a self-motivated team player who is excited to roll up their sleeves and has a strong foundation in the software industry and US GAAP. The Assistant Controller will be responsible for reporting the financial statements in accordance with GAAP, have significant involvement in the external audit, help establish and maintain accounting policies, and drive process improvement (including internal controls). The successful candidate must be highly analytical, organized, possess a high aptitude for problem-solving, have excellent written and oral communication skills and provide effective direction, leadership, and oversight for the accounting team.
- Significant involvement in month-end closing activities, including review of account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Lead, mentor, and develop the accounting team.
- Lead interaction with external domestic and international tax firms and manage the preparation of the quarterly and annual income tax provisions, tax returns, estimated tax payments and sales tax requirements.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures including policies on key GAAP recognition policies such as revenue and capitalized software and develop accounting policies and appropriate internal controls in compliance with all applicable/relevant standards as necessary.
- Own the resolution of accounting questions and issues, and the adoption of new accounting standards.
- Timely & accurate recording of all revenue streams and related accounts, including analyzing customer contracts to determine appropriate revenue recognition and draft technical whitepapers supporting conclusions for complex contracts/transactions.
- Manage the annual financial audit, including interaction/correspondence with external auditors and preparation of required schedules and documentation.
- Participate in special projects as needed, including acquisitions, employee benefit reconciliation, technical accounting research, and the evaluation and implementation of new accounting standards.
- Significant involvement in implementing new ERP, including identifying opportunities for process improvement, automation enhancements and driving efficiencies.
- Continually evaluate opportunities to drive greater efficiencies and effectiveness in accounting and operational processes/systems and in the accounting close process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA strongly preferred
- 6+ years of experience in accounting-related work (large corporation and/or Big 4 public accounting experience a significant plus)
- Experience in the software industry required
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including familiarity with accounting positions and related guidance in areas such as Revenue Recognition, Capitalization of Internally Developed Software, and Equity
- Commitment to continuous process improvement
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to take full ownership of assignments and who can effectively work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Experience managing complex and/or judgmental accounting areas
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong excel skills and attention to detail
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.