Staff Mapping Analyst
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
Our Mapping team is responsible for the creation, support, and maintenance of accurate and compliant administrative code set(s) mappings for customers using IMO’s interface terminology. The code sets include but are not limited to International Classification of Disease (ICD) and various Procedure systems, such as CPT. They also contribute to clinical code set(s) mapping projects and are responsible for supporting IMO customer and clients using IMO’s interface terminology for mapping related inquiries.
What You'll Do
- Advanced proficiency in initial mapping and QA process for multiple code sets. Adheres to nationally recognized authoritative coding guidelines
- Support product release schedules, including but not limited to resolving identified mapping issues
- Identify potential areas for map improvement
- Manage complex customer inquiries and related calls
- Support more complex release related tasks
- Provide support to developing team members
- Develop easily understood editorial with appropriate examples and manage editorial process
- Participate in tool enhancement and redesign
- Develop basic training and/or process documentation
- Develop and present interdepartmental presentations on mapping related topics or processes
What You'll Have
- Experience with US based code sets ICD-10-CM/PCS, ICD-9-CM, CPT, and HCPCS or international code sets such as ICD-10-AM, ICD-10-CA, ICD-10, CCI, OPCS, and/or ACHI experience required
- Bachelor of Science or Arts degree required; Degree preferred in health information management
- 5+ years equivalent experience in coding or code mapping
- Knowledge of other administrative code sets and clinical terminologies, such as ICD-O, DSM 5, LOINC, SNOMED and International versions of ICD-10 preferred
- Experience with electronic health records and terminology preferred
- RHIA (US), RHIT (US), CHIP (Australia), CHIM (Canada), or NCCQ (United Kingdom) credentials preferred Skills
- Strong willingness to learn
- Detail and achievement oriented
- Process oriented
- Clear communication skills both written & spoken
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.