Senior Data Engineer (Product)
Are you looking to make a difference in healthcare? Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO) is changing the future of healthcare. We are the team behind medical terminology solutions that improve history accuracy and completeness, reimbursement rates and more for over 80% of US clinicians, including inside of roughly 100 EMR’s.
At IMO, a core team of clinicians, software developers, and data scientists combine computer science and medical expertise to help patients and healthcare professionals access high quality health information quickly and easily to improve total patient health. We are currently in need of a Data Engineering Product Owner to join this team!
Our Senior Data Engineer (Product) will need to be an individual that is product-focused and genuinely understands the systems their teams are implementing. They are interactive with other teams and departments to ensure the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of the teams’ software applications meet business and client needs. They will lead the lifecycle of application development using scrum management processes in our agile environment.
- Define technology vision, roadmap, and growth opportunities
- Interact regularly with stakeholders to understand the problems being solved and curate feature and story backlogs according to business value
- Intake, facilitate, refine, and organize work from stakeholders within Executive, Product, Architecture, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Provide vision and create requirements for the agile development teams throughout development
- Document and develop user stories and use cases
- Work in a large, complex data platform, and lead application and database design and implementation
- Use standards and metrics to provide guidance and feedback to focus the teams towards building quality applications and services
- Manage and respond promptly to defect reports
- Aid support personnel as needed to determine system problems
- Identify obstacles to programmer productivity and raise these to software engineering management to ensure successful team completion of sprint/quarterly goals
- Keep abreast with agile/scrum best practices and new trends
- A relevant technical BA/BS Degree and five years of experience, or seven years of relevant professional experience implementing well-architected data pipelines that are dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and reliable for analytics and platform solutions
- Experience working within an agile team as a Product Owner, Product Manager, Business Analyst, team lead, or Scrum Master
- In-depth knowledge of agile process and principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience performing root cause analysis on data and processes to answer specific business questions, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Advanced working SQL knowledge, and experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, such as: PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Elasticsearch.
- Experience with ETL and BI Dashboard tools, such as: Talend, Informatica, Tableau, Looker
- Experience with AWS cloud services, such as: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.