Associate Financial Analyst
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
For all IMO positions, if you live in the Greater Chicagoland Area, Houston, TX, or Roseville, CA, you’ll be expected to work from an IMO office 2 days per week.
Reporting directly to our Finance Manager, the Associate Financial Analyst plays a vital role in multiple areas, spanning across P&L development for budget and forecast cycles, monthly variance analysis, and profitability modeling/ business analyses.
Impact You'll Make:
- You will put together critical reporting documents that will inform better business decisions across multiple functions.
- You will work directly with senior leadership as their point-of-contact for finance questions/needs.
- You will help complete financial decks use for distribution to the Executive team, Board and investors.
What You'll Learn:
- How to put together financial expense budgets
- How to work in a highly collaborative environment across multiple functions/departments.
- How to view the business thru a broader lens outside of just “number crunching”
What You'll Do:
- Maintain P&L, Billings, Operating Expense, and Balance Sheet models (Excel-based)
- Assist with corporate planning and budgeting (Excel-based planning and forecasting with the expectation to migrate to a centralized planning system early next year)
- Run monthly variance analysis of Operating expenses for Actuals vs Plan and prior year
- Support business operations on special projects/ad hoc requests such as multiyear projections, profitability analysis, investment payback
- Assist in developing management level summary and takeaways across all these tasks
- Complete various ad hoc analysis and data mining tasks
What You'll Need:
- BS in Finance or Accounting, with a solid GPA in core finance coursework
- Academic or internship experience with FP&A concepts and practices
- Basic understanding of business profitability analytics and modeling
- Basic understanding of P&L budget development using assumption-based modeling for revenue and operating expenses
- Basic understanding of business operations expense variances analysis
- Proficiency using Excel, including advanced functions
- A results-oriented mindset with the ability to initiate and lead projects to completion
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.