Manager, Data Engineering
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
The Manager, Data Engineering supervises a team of talented Data Engineers and is responsible for their productivity and career development. This means that he or she serves as a career coach, process advocate, productivity metrics analyst, and escalation path for their team. The Data Engineering Manager thrives on helping others achieve and motivates and develops staff in an effort to maximize their individual contribution to the company and professional growth.
- Serve as an Agile/Scrum process advocate for the department.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, coaching and enhancing and maintaining a best of class engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Gather metrics on and provide reports regarding individual productivity and contributions to team development.
- Serve as a career and professional development coach to the Data Engineers.
- Administer various HR functions for the team such as conduct performance reviews, 360 feedback surveys, approve timesheets and paid time off, performance improvement plans, etc.
- Act as an escalation path for team impediments and help motivate the teams to solve their own problems.
- Manage various communities of practice that focus on the improvement of team dynamics and productivity.
- Provide frequent forms of performance feedback to individuals to foster rapid, relevant and actionable development tasks.
- Participating in various departmental project meetings to act as a representative for the agile values of the department.
- Manages internal stakeholders’ perspectives on process and flow of work into the department.
- Catalyze departmental change to support agile values, especially around a culture of value delivery.
- Advanced proficiency with use of Microsoft Office applications including, Word, MS Project, Excel and Visio and other tools that facilitate the requirements gathering and design phases.
- Excellent Analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Experience using agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence tools a plus.
- Prior direct experience in analyzing data for a healthcare-related field preferred.
- Strong and effective inter-personal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff, while maintaining positive client and staff interactions.
- Self-motivated with strong leadership and presence.
- Must possess critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to operate in and Agile team environment.
- Act as an interface to complementary teams as needed.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field.
- 3-7 years of related work experience.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.