Software Engineer II
Are you looking to make a difference in healthcare? Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO) is changing the future of healthcare. We are the team behind medical terminology solutions that improve history accuracy and completeness, reimbursement rates and more for over 80% of US clinicians, including inside of roughly 100 EMR’s.
Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO) (Rosemont, IL) seeks a Software Engineer 2 to design, develop, implement and maintain software applications, and support the lifecycle of application development, using scrum management processes in our agile environment. Specific duties include: design and author quality source code, including documentation of code, high level and detail level designs as needed; implement unit tests as required for thorough code coverage; review team source code, as necessary; work within an agile team, solving problems efficiently and completely according to principals of scrum development; lead and perform solution analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, and software reliability analysis; make specific determinations about system performance, and review changes in code and environment that can affect system performance with recommendations; lead and participate application database design and implementation; be comfortable in large database environments; manage and respond promptly and professionally to defect reports; provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems; assist with the implementation of our solution within client solutions; identify issues or obstacles of department and/or programmer productivity or efficiency to software development management; research and recommend software tools to management; perform current technology assessment on an on-going basis to determine areas of improvement; lead junior development staff; support, maintain and document existing software functionality; assist with the implementation of our solution within client solutions; assist with project planning and project management; act as an interface to complementary teams as needed; provide recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development management; research and recommend software tools to management; and perform current technology assessment on an on-going basis to determine area of improvement. Position requires occasional travel within the U.S. Option to work remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, or a closely related engineering field, plus 5 years of pre-baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered, or as a Software Engineer, SharePoint Developer, Software Engineering Intern, or in a similar software developer position working with object-oriented design, C#, and a relational database, such as Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Specific experience must also include 3 years working with each of the following: Microsoft ASP.Net; Microsoft ASP; Microsoft Visual Studio; and theory and practice of relational database design and development.
- Must also have experience in: mentoring and leading junior engineers; communicating and providing effective interface between departments and functions; leading a team to decision making; and interacting with a diverse group of stakeholders, architects, management and other teams.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally within the U.S. Option to work remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
- Full time position. Apply by submitting your resumes at https://www.imohealth.com/lever-position-detail/?id=5f738d51-ed67-4060-a6fb-75271adbc220 Job ID: 111
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.