Product Director - Precision Normalize
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
If you’ve been in the trenches of healthcare data engineering and analysis, you understand the time consuming, error-prone pain of cleaning and processing data for analytics, AI, machine learning, and NLP. This position is your chance to lead a team and develop a product line—called Precision Normalize-- which will transform this process. IMO is investing over $20M in this effort.
The foundation of this product line is IMO’s proprietary clinical terminology of over 9 million terms—all mapped to national and international standard code sets. No other company possesses this unique asset which functions as the master reference data for data normalization, as well as a fine-tuned language model for NLP.
This is your chance to develop a product suite which will benefit hundreds of healthcare data engineers and scientists; and millions of patients, clinicians, and researchers who benefit from better and faster insights from data.
As the Product Director, you will drive the direction, development and lifecycle of IMO’s data quality/insights portfolio. You are a chief evangelist for your product, committed to understanding, prioritizing, and addressing market needs – both from a buyer and user perspective. You collaborate with customers and internal cross-functional stakeholders to bring valued and differentiated solutions to market. You demonstrate healthcare domain knowledge and appropriate technicalexpertise. This person is an engaging leader and skilled communicator.
- Half of your time, you’ll be working in the details of product development, leading your engineers, scientists, and developers. The other half, you’ll be working externally with the IMO sales team, marketing, customers, and national groups affiliated with healthcare data standards
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of subject matter experts and Product Owners
- Dedicate yourself to understanding the market; identify and fill product gaps or generate new ideas to drive both customer and internal value
- Define outcomes-based product roadmaps in support of the overall business strategy
- Develop and articulate business cases for new initiatives
- Articulate product positioning and customer value
- Establish pricing in partnership with sales, marketing, and finance counterparts
- Support marketing initiatives to drive awareness and adoption
- Demonstrate maturity and competence when presenting to, and collaborating with, clients and partners
- Understand product offerings from the core data to the user experience
- Guide cross-functional teams (with representation from engineering, architecture, terminology, client services, sales and marketing) through the product lifecycle process amidst a rapidly evolving landscape and competing priorities
- Operate with integrity, act with customer empathy, openly partner with stakeholders
- 7+ years' experience in healthcare data engineering and/or analysis
- Hands-on experience with healthcare analytics, data quality improvement, and data normalization
- Deep familiarity with healthcare data standards such as ICD, SNOMED, CPT, LOINC, RxNorm and others
- Strong healthcare industry and/or informatics knowledge
- Experience in building data platforms or data quality products focused in healthcare domain
- Excellent communication and stakeholder communications skills
- Occasional travel for on-site team collaboration (up to 25% travel)
- Experience leading high-performing product teams in agile environments
- Product strategy, product management, product development, or related field
- Demonstrated track record owning and driving product/solution growth
- Experience with products using production-grade NLP, machine learning, or advanced analytics tools
- Experience productizing data ingestion pipelines, data pre-processing systems and data curation systems
What we'll give you
- The space to be innovative and collaborative with your peers and team members.
- Training from the best. Collectively, we’ve got years of expertise in Healthcare and IT.
- Part of a tight-knit team that supports each other, challenges each other, and is looking to make a significant impact in the industry.
- Excellent benefits package, including competitive benefits through multiple health, dental, and vision plans, 100% company match up to 5% contribution on your 401(k), flexible PTO and hours, peak performance club trips, and more!
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.