Staff Data Engineer
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
At IMO, a core team of clinicians, software developers, and data scientists combine computer science and medical expertise to help patients and healthcare professionals access high quality health information quickly and easily to improve total patient health. We are currently in need of a Staff Data Engineer to lead exciting, critical data projects that will impact many aspects of IMO's business.
The Staff Data Engineer will lead cross functional teams on data initiatives and will ensure consistent and optimal data delivery architecture throughout ongoing projects. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Join our growing Software Engineering department as a Staff Data Engineer to help design, create, and support high quality solutions that support 80% of US clinicians and build the application of Data Engineering within IMO!
- Creates and maintains optimal data pipeline architecture for IMO Data Platform.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements in automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery and performance, re-designing data pipeline infrastructure for scalability, availability and reliability, etc.
- Builds the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Works on a Scrum team with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Architecture, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Works cooperatively with team members to manage conflict constructively and fosters trust, commitment, accountability.
- Takes ownership to proactively anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and acts appropriately to make decisions.
- Implements creative solutions to technical challenges and embraces out-of-the-box thinking to apply knowledge and learning from various disciplines to create new or improve existing products.
- A relevant technical BA/ BS Degree and three years of experience, or five years of relevant professional experience implementing well-architected data pipelines that are dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and reliable for analytics and platform solutions.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets with AWS cloud services, such as EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Experience with object-oriented/functional scripting languages, such as Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with non-relational databases.
- Experience with agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), utilizing technologies such as GIT, Jenkins, Terraform.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, such as PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB and Elasticsearch.
- Experience with ETL and BI Dashboard tools, such as Talend, Informatica, Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Knowledge of big data tools, such as Spark, Kafka, etc.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.