The medical problem list should function like an executive summary of the important, relevant information in a patient’s electronic health record (EHR). But too frequently it’s plagued by issues that make a clinician’s job harder, not easier.
We’re here to help. This blog is packed with resources to help you tackle your problem list woes and turn it into a more effective clinical tool.
Medical problem list problems? There’s a meme for that…
They say laughter is the best medicine, which is why in our latest eBook, When bad things happen to good problem lists, we meme-ifed some of the most common contributors to problem list headaches, such as:
- Documentation duplication
- Outdated problems
- Lack of standardization
- Siloed data
- Lack of specificity
- Rigid displays
To chuckle (and maybe commiserate) with your fellow clinicians, download the eBook today.
Smart solutions to manage your medical problem list
Ready to take a closer look at some strategic fixes that can help cure your problem list challenges? We’ve got you covered in the blogs below:
- The problem with the medical problem list – Discover why the problem list is often disjointed and needlessly complex – then we make the case for better organization.
- Four steps to a more effective medical problem list – Explore four ways to transform this essential EHR component into a more clinically meaningful and helpful tool.
- Making the medical problem list problem-oriented – Learn how to solve some common problems with problem list management by using tools that make it easy to organize information and filter for the most critical material first.
Did someone say streaming?
Finally, for those of you who prefer to watch and learn, our on-demand and upcoming webinars are just what the doctor ordered:
- Clean up the clutter: Simplify problem list management – In this on-demand webinar, learn how cleaning up the problem list can help your organization operate more efficiently.
- Stop running from your problem (list): Strategies for streamlining the EHR’s front page – In this upcoming webinar, learn strategies for analyzing your problem list’s current problems; creating a plan for problem list governance; and measuring the progress of problem list improvements.
Knowledge is power. With the above resources and the support of IMO’s workflow improvement solutions, your problem list is well on the way to being less problematic.