Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
A Product Manager drives the direction, development, and lifecycle of the IMO portfolio. A Product Manager is the CEO of your products, committed to understanding, prioritizing, and addressing market needs – both from a buyer and user perspective. A Product Manager collaborates with customers and helps lead internal cross-functional stakeholders to bring valued and differentiated solutions to market. A Product Manger partners closely with Software Engineering and Architecture while demonstrating the technical expertise to lead the development of healthcare, software solutions that deliver value and expected outcomes. A Product Manager is an engaging leader and skilled communicator.
- Dedicate yourself to understand the market; identify and fill product gaps, or generate new ideas to drive both customer and internal value.
- Define outcomes-based product roadmaps in support of the overall business strategy.
- Develop and articulate business cases for new initiatives.
- Provide development teams with clear and descriptive requirements that are aligned to initiatives and goals, and captured user stories.
- Effectively prioritize and manage trade-offs between cost/schedule versus business/client benefit.
- Articulate product positioning and customer value.
- Establish pricing in partnership with sales, marketing, and finance counterparts.
- Support marketing and sales initiatives to drive awareness and adoption.
- Establish and communicate product updates and releases to internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand product offerings from the core data to the user experience.
- Understanding current state processes and operational challenges, collaborating cross-functionally to define technical/operational solution ideas leading to the right solution for the business.
- Guide cross-functional teams (with representation from engineering, architecture, UX, client services, sales and marketing) through the product lifecycle process amidst evolving and competing priorities.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product management, product development, or related field.
- Healthcare industry experience is a plus, preferably with deep provider workflow expertise.
- Strong understanding of software and data technologies along with customer integrations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deliver executive level presentations.
- Exceptional Cross-functional leadership and collaboration skills with a track record of driving complex programs and projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to assess situations and propose pragmatic solutions.
- Demonstrated track record owning and driving product/solution growth in highly competitive or complex markets.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, with the ability to write epics, user stories, and manage product backlogs.
- A passion for driving an improved customer experience as well as a passion for improving operations.
- A love of new technologies and the drive to find ways to implement better tools and processes.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%.
- Agile certification is a plus.
- Product Management certification is a plus.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.