Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
This position would be a hybrid role. We are open to what that looks and feels like to fit your needs, but we feel like our best ideas coming from spending time together.
We are seeking a Revenue Manager to join the Controllership team. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, our ideal partner will be a self-motivated, collaborative team player who is excited to roll up their sleeves and has a strong foundation in the software industry and US GAAP.
This role will lead the technical accounting and daily activities related to IMO’s order to cash accounting processes, responsible for revenue recognition and reporting under ASC 606 in addition to accounts receivable, invoicing and other period end close processing.
The successful candidate must be highly analytical, organized, possess a high aptitude for problem-solving, have excellent written and oral communication skills and provide effective direction, leadership, and oversight for the accounting team.
- Serves as an internal technical accounting expert for revenue accounting and works closely with the accounting and operational areas to scale and improve system processes, controls and reporting outputs
- Hands-on review of contracts to ensure correct setup in accounting system and appropriate revenue recognition
- Help implement and leverage upcoming new accounting system and connected systems to automate revenue and billing processes
- Defines, documents and communicates revenue recognition policies and procedures
- Assesses contract and product updates and changes relative to the impact on revenue recognition
- Leads the Accounts Receivable and Invoicing team, including:
- Ensuring a high level of customer service, and accuracy and timeliness of invoicing
- Works with Growth organization on invoicing of renewals and new business
- Managing customer collection process
- Helping to define individual and team development goals and objectives
- Establishing policies and procedures
- Hands-on management of the monthly financial statement close process for revenue and related accounts by performing and reviewing monthly account analyses and reconciliations, including validating deferred revenue, accounts receivable, and other contract related financial statement balances and reserves
- Proactively identifies and implements process improvements that will allow for more efficient and effective accounting operations
- Assists with acquisition integration and accounting, as required
- Participate in the annual financial audit, including interaction/correspondence with external auditors and preparation of required schedules and documentation
- Involvement with maintaining compliance for sales tax matters
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Continually evaluate opportunities to drive greater efficiencies and effectiveness in accounting and operational processes/systems and in the accounting close process
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- CPA Required
- 5+ years of experience in accounting-related work (large corporation and/or Big 4 public accounting experience a significant plus)
- Strong technical experience in the application of ASC 606 revenue recognition accounting
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Demonstrated success managing teams
- Commitment to continuous process improvement
- Motivated self-starter with ability to take full ownership of assignments and who can effectively work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Experience managing complex and/or judgmental accounting areas
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong excel skills and attention to detail
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.