VP, UX Design & Research
Are you looking to make a difference in healthcare? Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO) is changing the future of healthcare. We are the team behind medical terminology solutions that improve history accuracy and completeness, reimbursement rates and more for over 80% of US clinicians, including inside of roughly 100 EMR’s.
In this role, you will lead UX design and research for healthcare software products & services.
Your team will craft simple, functional, and elegant design solutions for consumers and medical professionals based on a deep and empathetic understanding of user's needs supported by research, testing, and customer's voice.
You will guide the development of our concepts and tie together our execution of end to end consumer, provider, payer, and patient experiences. You will lead our research, definition, and codification of the full user journeys. Working with marketing, you will develop, monitor, and improve adoption, utilization, and satisfaction OKRs.
To succeed in this role, you must be an innovator with a proven ability to manage strategy and details. Regardless, if our software or service is visible or "behind the scenes," you are obsessed with the customer experience.
Finally, you are a self-starter, able to thrive in fast-paced and often ambiguous startup environments, welcoming the opportunity to extend your influence across disciplines.
- Lead UX design and research to define and deliver the end to end journey of our products across multiple channels
- Partner with the head of product and stakeholders to set the vision across several healthcare channels
- Work with product management to transform broad business, technical, and customer needs into a well-defined set of problems to solve and goals to achieve.
- Set the vision for the design organization and growth plan, building an agile team of full-time, freelance, and agency partners.
- Drive design from concept through final implementation, working with cross-functional teams across our organization and partners
- Uplift existing products and services and improve they fit into today's and tomorrow's healthcare ecosystem
- Instantiate and lead UX research, usability, the voice of the customer, and voice of the market efforts, including capturing, tracking, and socializing existing customer insights, pain points, and gains.
- Apply design thinking methodologies to define holistic journeys that weave the physical and digital together
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years of industry experience as a hands-on UX, Product or Interaction Designer
- 8+ years of management experience leading multi-discipline teams (i.e., Visual Design, Interaction Design, User Research, etc.)
- Experience leading a diverse group in the delivery of experiences from end to end (user flows, wireframes, demonstrations, and high-fidelity visuals)
- Experience presenting to and effectively influencing senior leaders outside of design
- A portfolio of samples demonstrating user-centered design leadership that expertly met user and business needs with simplicity and elegance
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Experience working collaboratively with software engineers, product managers, researchers and marketers
- Experience with healthcare clinical tools such as Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems
- A demonstrable track-record of delivering results in ambiguous circumstances
- Be relentless in your desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.