Senior Software Engineering Manager
Are you looking to make a difference in healthcare? Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO) is changing the future of healthcare. We are the team behind medical terminology solutions that improve history accuracy and completeness, reimbursement rates and more for over 80% of US clinicians, including inside of roughly 100 EMR’s.
The Software Engineering Manager supervises a team of talented Software Engineers and is responsible for their productivity and career development. This means that he or she serves as a career coach, process advocate, productivity metrics analyst, and escalation path for their team. The Software Engineering Manager thrives on helping others achieve and motivates and develops staff in an effort to maximize their individual contribution to the company and professional growth.
- Serve as an Agile/Scrum process advocate for the department.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, coaching and enhancing and maintaining a best of class engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Gather metrics on and provide reports regarding individual productivity and contributions to team development.
- Serve as a career and professional development coach to the software engineers.
- Administer various HR functions for the team such as conduct performance reviews, 360 feedback surveys, approve timesheets and paid time off, performance improvement plans, etc.
- Act as an escalation path for team impediments and help motivate the teams to solve their own problems.
- Strong and effective inter-personal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff, while maintaining positive client and staff interactions.
- Experience using agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs.
- Advanced proficiency with use of Microsoft Office applications including, Word, MS Project, Excel and Visio and other tools that facilitate the requirements gathering and design phases.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Bachelors degree in a technical field; Advanced degree in Technical or Management fields a plus.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.