Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for working with prospective customers to fully understand their business requirements and identify how these can be met by our software solutions alongside the broader Sales team. This pre-sales role focuses on collaborating with Client Executives to create strategic account plans, execute discovery, design customer solutions, and deliver presentations to prospective clients and customers showcasing the technology and business value offered by IMO. In addition, this position will offer customer feedback to the Product team to further enhance our product offerings. Due to the nature of the role, this individual will need to be able to work in a fast-paced environment, support simultaneous sales campaigns and work effectively across multiple teams in the organization.
- Provide exemplary pre-sales technical expertise through software demos, presentations and storytelling to help potential clients understand how IMO’s solutions provide value. This includes but is not limited to the delivery of executive-level software demonstrations and presentations and construction of future state value reports.
- Act as the subject matter expert in your aligned solution and market in all aspects of sales.
- Act as a presentation and storytelling expert both in client-facing and internal capacity, guiding the sales teams and aligned resources through demonstration best practices including but not limited to prep calls and appropriate materials.
- Assist the sales team members with discovery to identify business problems and business application architecture. Translate into a recommendation that ties together the solution and the value to the organization.
- Provide insights into competitors, sales tactics, and sales techniques.
- Collaborate with sales team members on competitive sales strategies/tactics.
- Foster exceptional working relationships in order to be a trusted advisor to the sales teams and other internal stakeholders, including but not limited to product, client services and clinical teams.
- 5+ years of proven success as a software pre-sales professional conducting customer needs analysis and product demonstrations in the healthcare industry
- Ability to present and demonstrate the benefits of using IMO’s products and affiliated services to potential clients, becoming well-versed in our core solution offerings
- Domain Expertise: Strong understanding of clinical terminology interfaces or clinical analytics software in order to develop an in-depth understanding of IMO products’ most complex feature sets and connections to electronic health record systems and other external data systems
- Strong business acumen and confidence/comfort meeting with and selling to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong technical ability with Microsoft Office 365 products, Salesforce.com, and remote meeting tools
- Confident personality with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and reliable with a strong independent work ethic and entrepreneurial mindset
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.