Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
The Knowledge Architect is a member of the Enterprise Architecture team and will work in a dynamic cross-functional environment to guide the strategic yet technical direction of IMO’s knowledge/interface terminology management. You will use your industry insights and make recommendations to optimize various knowledge management processes as we meet emerging market needs. You’ll also provide Ontology, Semantic web, Informatics thought leadership and “system’s thinking” to enhance the knowledge representation of our interface terminology concepts understandable to computers and available for variety of downstream products to serve the customer needs. The use of Ontology is not simply mapping; it is in understanding & relating concepts without losing the clinical intent with clarity around set of use-cases and requirements, which requires cross-cutting expertise across Ontology, Semantic web engineering, Interface terminology and adequate software development skills.
We are looking for someone strategic minded with customer obsession, bias to action, pragmatic and hands-on evolutionary approach to problem solving.
- Collaborate, partner and guide clinical, mapping, content management and software engineering team members to solve knowledge management challenges.
- Collaborate with internal/external product teams to translate business requirements to target architecture and technical roadmaps.
- Establish trusted partnership and repeatable engagement models with partnering teams.
- Be hands-on and practice rapid prototyping to experiment the hypothesis.
- Evaluate current knowledge management processes, tools and practices to identify gaps and make recommendations to improve IMO interface terminology management processes leveraging the appropriate technique including but not limited to Ontology
- Coach, guide and assist in development of semantically appropriate concepts to meet use-case(s) and requirements
- Provide guidance, model architectures, how-to materials to access, store and model the knowledge base leveraging the appropriate technique including but not limited to Ontology
- Provide guidance to methodically solve problems leveraging Ontology as appropriate.
- Provide guidance, how-to materials in the process of Ontology development including but not limited to identification of the use-case, competency questions & terms, terminology analysis, curation/prioritization, relationships identification/curation, reuse research & trade-offs, modularity, ontology development and deployment.
- Provide guidance and trade-offs around reusing existing ontologies from licensing, domain context and technical perspectives.
- Provide guidance and model architectures, how-to materials to maintain the knowledge base & reference dataset pedigree (i.e. the history and lineage) and provenance (i.e. the sources).
- Provide guidance & trade-offs for technology selection in knowledge management and Ontology
- Participate and provide guidance in technology build vs buy evaluations as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of progressive career growth in Health Informatics
- Master’s Degree preferred, ideally with focus on Health Informatics. Medical or clinical degree with U.S. clinical experience a plus
- Well versed on medical terminologies including but not limited to SNOMED CT, LOINC, RxNORM and UMLS.
- Experience modeling clinical informatics ontology and data interoperability in health care.
- Experience with methodologies & tooling for clinical informatics and value set management.
- Hands-on experience in AWS
- Data modeling & Ontology development
- Semantic AND graph technologies – Graph DB/Triple stores like Stardog, Apache Jena Fuseki, Neptune
- Demonstrated hands-on with RDF, OWL & Graph inferencing
- Hands-on SQL knowledge with ability to infer RDBMS data models and basic ETL
- GraphQL and/or RESTful api development experience (Preferred)
- Graph visualization using Angular & D3 (Preferred)
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.