Senior Software Engineer
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
At IMO, a core team of clinicians, software developers, and data scientists combine computer science and medical expertise to help patients and healthcare professionals access high quality health information quickly and easily to improve total patient health. We are currently in need of a Senior Software Engineer to join this team!
Software Engineers at IMO will:
Write clean, quality, and testable code that supports rapid delivery via Continuous Integration, Delivery, and automated deployments. Find creative and innovative approaches to complex problems. Lead and participate in design and architecture decisions. Work and learn in a cross-functional agile team. Be passionate and continue to advance their craft.
- Contribute to high-level technical designs through collaboration with other engineers, architects, and technical SME's
- Take a forward-thinking approach to development and engineering; We know ‘the way it’s always been done’ is not necessarily the best way to build software. Our teams constantly look at new technologies and methodologies to improve our work.
- Design and write quality code, including documentation of detail level designs
- Leverage automation across testing, integration, and deployment activities.
- Work closely with product owner to break down features into actionable user stories
- At least 5 to 7 years experience in web-based software development, ideally in the full stack with RESTful API
- Experience working with cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- An enjoyment of technical challenges and eagerness to explore new approaches while collaborating with a team
- Taking leadership responsibilities in various areas of development, and working with other members of your team to help them 'level up'
- A willingness to ask for help and able to communicate what you need to do your best work
- A collaborative, team focused work ethic
Here’s why our engineers think IMO is one of the best places to work:
- A high level of responsibility and autonomy from day one. Your own projects, products and key initiatives to develop that impact our services
- An agile, flexible work environment. We operate on core hours, leverage remote collaboration tools, and structure our engineering teams to function at a high-level no matter the challenge
- Opportunity to advance your career through learning and development programs facilitated by IMO subject matter experts and other industry leaders
- Great benefits (multiple health plans to choose from, dental, vision, 401k match and very competitive PTO)
- Knowing your work contributes to the success of over 500,000 physicians using IMO's products every day
IMO provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.