Senior Software Engineer - 375
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
At IMO, a core team of clinicians, software developers, and data scientists combine computer science and medical expertise to help patients and healthcare professionals access high quality health information quickly and easily to improve total patient health. We are currently in need of a Senior Software Engineer to join this team!
Write clean, quality, and testable code that supports rapid delivery via Continuous Integration, Delivery, and automated deployments Find creative and innovative approaches to complex problems Lead and participate in design and architecture decisions Work and learn in a cross-functional agile team. Be passionate and continue to advance their craft.
Join our growing Software Engineering department as a Senior Software Engineer to help design, create, and support high quality solutions that support 750,000 US clinicians!
- Works on a Scrum team comprised of developers of all skill levels.
- Contributes to high-level technical designs through collaboration with Senior Engineers.
- Designs and writes quality source code, including documentation of detail level designs.
- Leverages automation across testing, integration, and deployment activities.
- Works hand-in-hand with product owner to break down features into actionable user stories.
- Conducts root cause analysis on defects; ensure fixes are happening in the right way.
- Ensure implementation follows the defined architecture.
- Collaborates with other engineers to ensure that implementations satisfy requirements.
- Contributes to company internal and external work groups.
- Tests Non-functional features (performance, High Availability, Scalability and Reliability).
- Works cooperatively with team members to manage conflict constructively and fosters trust, commitment, accountability.
- Mentors colleagues’ technical development into generalized specialists
- Delivers quality product leveraging the values of transparency, inspection and adaptation in an agile way.
- Takes ownership to proactively anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and acts appropriately to make decisions.
- Implements creative solutions to technical challenges and embraces out-of-the-box thinking to apply knowledge and learning from various disciplines to create new or improve existing products
- A relevant technical BA/BS Degree and three years of experience, or five years of relevant professional experience developing full stack applications, using languages and frameworks like .NET Core, Angular, C#, Python, REST and data management technologies like PostgresSQL, AWS Glue, AWS DynamoDB and GraphDB.
- Strong experience with agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), utilizing technologies such as Azure DevOps (TFS) and Octopus Deploy.
- Additionally, must have experience interacting with a diverse group of stakeholders, architects, management and other teams, mentoring and leading junior engineers, and communicating and providing an effective interface between departments and functions
- Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.