Associate Software Engineer
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
Engineers come to IMO to write clean, quality, testable code that supports rapid delivery via Continuous Integration, Delivery, and automated deployments. Our engineers find creative and innovative approaches to complex problems in the Healthcare IT field. They also lead and participate in design and architecture decisions by working and learning in a cross-functional agile team. We want you to be passionate and continue to advance your craft every day.
From day one, you develop solutions as part of a team. Your team possesses the knowledge and ability to own all aspects of the solution - from design, through implementation and testing, to deployment. We mainly focus on web-based service-oriented architecture. We use agile principles and Scrum processes and milestones (Planning, Refinement, Daily Stand-ups, Review and Retrospective) to guide this work.
- Delivers quality code via unit and integration testing through a suite of automated tests.
- Performs basic source code management tasks at the direction of more senior software engineers.
- Works with the team who are responsible for coding, validating, debugging, reliability, performance analysis and the ongoing operational aspects of the product in an Agile environment.
- Troubleshoots and resolves low to moderate complexity software bugs or issues, with close direction from more senior software engineers, and finds the real root cause and provides an efficient fix.
- Writes automated unit and integration-level tests with direction from other team members.
- Follows development standards and effectively demonstrates technical solutions to other software engineers in code reviews.
- Familiarity with software development and the willingness and capacity to learn.
- An enjoyment of technical challenges and eagerness to explore new approaches.
- A willingness to ask for help and able to communicate what you need to do your best work.
- An academic degree in Computer Science or comparable discipline, or relevant experience in developing application
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.