Internship - Software Engineer
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
At IMO, a core team of clinicians, software developers, and data scientists combine computer science and medical expertise to help patients and healthcare professionals access high quality health information quickly and easily to improve total patient health. We are currently in need of Software Engineering Interns to join our team!
Gain experience writing, clean, quality, and testable code in a fast-paced collaborative environment. Contribute to innovative approaches to complex problems. Work and learn in a small cross functional agile team. Lead and participate in design and architecture decisions. Be passionate and continue to hone your craft in real world scenarios
Internship Location: The internship will follow a hybrid model (combo of WFH and in-office work both in our Rosemont HQ office and our Chicago Office) to foster collaboration as well as flexibility. IMO remains committed to following safety precautions and guidelines regarding in-office work. Please only apply if you will be able to do both remote and on-site work at our offices.
What you'll do
- Deliver quality code via unit and integration testing through a suite of automated tests.
- Perform basic source code management tasks at the direction of more senior software engineers
- Work with the team who are responsible for coding, validating, debugging, reliability, performance analysis and the ongoing operational aspects of the product in an Agile environment
- Troubleshoot and resolves low to moderate complexity software bugs or issues, with close direction from more senior software engineers, and finds the root cause
- Write automated unit and integration-level tests with direction from other team members
- Follow development standards and effectively demonstrates technical solutions to other software engineers in code reviews
- Coordinate with all cross functional team members to analyze issues
- Document unit test procedures and participate in software development process to perform all tests on designs and ensure compliance with development standards
- Work cooperatively with team members to manage conflict constructively and foster trust, commitment, accountability.
- Deliver quality product leveraging the values of transparency, inspection and adaptation
- Take ownership to proactively anticipate the implications and consequences of situations
- Implement creative solutions to technical challenges and embraces out-of-the-box thinking
What you'll need
- Diverse Sophomore or Junior level classroom experience and a passion within the field of Math, Statistics, Informatics, Information Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science or related.
- Curiosity for technical challenges and an eagerness to explore new approaches.
- Familiarity with software development and the willingness and capacity to learn
- Willingness to learn cloud technologies (AWS)
- Awareness of software construction and principles
- Ability to learn and follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control, etc.
- Your voice (whether it’s a loud one or a quiet one). We believe in communicating. Ideas, needs, questions, concerns, good jokes. Remember when we said we welcome your point of view? We meant it.
What we'll give you
- Training from the best. Collectively, we’ve got years of expertise in Healthcare and IT.
- Extensive team-specific training that will drive your trajectory (classroom & beyond)
- Coaching on the non-technical stuff like presentation skills, business etiquette, résumé workshop, etc.
- A challenge. We’re here to push you. Our goal is to fill your summer with experience and connections you won’t forget. Probably a little fun, too.
- The opportunity to directly influence our products.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.