Senior UX Designer
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
The Senior User Experience (UX) Designer is accountable for the research and design of IMO digital service and product for IMO products. You'll drive design through end-user insights, market understanding, and product innovation principles. The Senior UX Designer with work closely with the UX Manager and UX Leads to deliver high quality frameworks, prototypes and designs that will drive user adoption and end user satisfaction.
- Work successfully with UX team members and cross-functional teams (product, development, terminology, marketing, etc.) to build new products and feature enhancements for the healthcare market
- Integrate user research, UX best practices, and analytics to validate project assumptions and develop the best user experience
- Participate and facilitate design workshops and leading ideation sessions for new product development
- Conduct discovery and usability research to surface current pain points and refine design concepts
- Develop customer journey maps and personas to provide the cross functional teams with insights into end user needs
- Determine the information architecture and interaction design of a product through wireframes, user flows, and prototypes
- Create UX design from conceptual exploration to finalized design
- Deliver light prototypes for validation and in support of Growth/Marketing efforts
- Collaborate with Software Engineering team to build final delivered product
- Participate in design critiques and present design solutions to cross-functional team
- Build and maintain the UX design system with interaction patterns and UI components
- Work with UX Lead to estimate and plan upcoming UX work to support the timely delivery
- 4 years of professional work in the user experience field, with a Bachelor's degree in Digital Design or Human Computer Interaction preferred
- Proven ability to produce successful user-validated design solutions
- Experience negotiating design tradeoffs with cross-functional teams
- Experience conducting and analyzing user experience research results to develop actionable insights
- Knowledge of user research techniques including user interviews/surveys, concept testing, task/scenario testing, and moderated/unmoderated testing
- Experience developing creative solutions for conception, design, and production
- Understanding of human-computer interaction, user experience principles, and user-centered design practices as well as UX ops, UX standards, and rapid prototyping
- B2B experience and/or healthcare industry experience is preferred
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.