Senior Software Engineer
Are you looking to make a difference in healthcare? Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO) is changing the future of healthcare. We are the team behind medical terminology solutions that improve history accuracy and completeness, reimbursement rates and more for over 80% of US clinicians, including inside of roughly 100 EMR’s.
At IMO, a core team of clinicians, software developers, and data scientists combine computer science and medical expertise to help patients and healthcare professionals access high quality health information quickly and easily to improve total patient health. We are currently in need of a Senior Software Engineer to join this team!
Our engineers write clean, quality, and testable code that supports rapid delivery via Continuous Integration, Delivery, and automated deployments They find creative and innovative approaches to complex problems and lead and participate in design and architecture decisions. In addition to working and learning in a cross-functional agile team, our engineers are passionate and continue to advance their craft.
Join our growing Software Engineering department as a Senior Software Engineer to help design, create, and support high quality solutions that support 80% of US clinicians!
- Works on a Scrum team comprised of developers of all skill levels.
- Contributes to high-level technical designs through collaboration with Senior Engineers.
- Designs and writes quality source code, including documentation of detail level designs.
- Leverages automation across testing, integration, and deployment activities.
- Works hand-in-hand with product owner to break down features into actionable user stories.
- Conducts root cause analysis on defects; ensure fixes are happening in the right way.
- Ensure implementation follows the defined architecture.
- Collaborates with other engineers to ensure that implementations satisfy requirements.
- A relevant technical BA/BS Degree and three years of experience, or five years of relevant professional experience working with object-oriented design, C#, relational database design and development on platforms such as Oracle or Microsoft SQL server, Microsoft ASP.Net, Microsoft ASP, Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Strong experience with agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous
- Delivery (CI/CD), utilizing technologies such as GIT, Jenkins.
- Additionally, must have experience in:
Mentoring and leading junior engineers
Communicating and providing an effective interface between departments and functions
Leading a team to decision making
Interacting with a diverse group of stakeholders, architects, management and other teams.
Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.