Staff Site Reliability Engineer
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
At IMO, our SRE team takes the lead on operational availability of our internally developed cloud-hosted applications throughout the Software Engineering organization. SRE team members are partnered with our application development teams, working together to build, deploy, and support a reliable, resilient, and secure cloud-first platform.
The SRE role is a software engineering role that requires not only an understanding of how our systems are meant to work, but also the skills needed to adjust when they don’t. Additionally, our SREs take the lead on proactively implementing non-functional requirements which enable us to meet the objectives set out in our Service Level Agreements (SLA).
We leverage Amazon AWS as our cloud provider and embrace tools for automation and continuous delivery, including TFS, Octopus Deploy, Terraform, AWS CodeBuild/CodeDeploy, and more.
- Work closely with software development teams to ensure the operational success of production applications
- Automate, Automate, Automate! -reduce manual toil and outages while enhancing scalability, security, and resiliency of our system and applications - creativity is key here.
- Lead conversations to drive standards and consistency around best practices throughout the Engineering organization
- Drive teams to make efficient use of cloud resources via capacity planning and automated scaling
- Develop, debug, maintain, and apply infrastructure-as-code to deploy cloud resources
- Identify opportunities and influence the roadmap of deployment infrastructure standards and tooling
- Influence and participate in design and architecture decisions
- Experience in SRE, DevOps, systems administration, or software engineering with hands on experience automating application deployment to Amazon AWS
- Hands on experience writing and applying infrastructure-as-code, such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Hands on experience in planning, designing, deploying, and supporting cloud deployed applications
- Experience with source control tooling, such as TFS or GIT, in a team environment
- A strong understanding of Internet standards and protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP, and UDP
- A willingness to ask for help and able to communicate what you need to do your best work
- A collaborative, team focused work ethic
Here’s why our engineers think IMO is one of the best places to work:
- A high level of responsibility and autonomy from day one. Your own projects, products and key initiatives to develop that impact our services
- An agile, flexible work environment. We operate on core hours, leverage remote collaboration tools, and structure our engineering teams to function at a high-level no matter the challenge
- Opportunity to advance your career through learning and development programs facilitated by IMO subject matter experts and other industry leaders
- Great benefits (multiple health plans to choose from, dental, vision, 401k match and very competitive PTO)
- Knowing your work contributes to the success of over 500,000 physicians using IMO's products every day
IMO provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.