Lab Analyst, LOINC Mapping
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
The Lab Analyst, LOINC® Mapping, will support and maintain the Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes (LOINC®) mappings to IMO’s interface terminology. The Lab Analyst will collaborate with multiple internal teams to ensure deployed LOINC® code maps meet customer needs and specifications. They will also contribute to terminology modeling projects and clinical code set(s) mapping. The Lab Analyst will also review and approve the work of contractors hired to assist with periods of high volume LOINC® code and mapping updates.
- Assign and review on a variety of administrative code set mappings for interface terminology in accordance with production and release schedule.
- Adhere to nationally recognized correct coding guidelines appropriate for each code set mapped.
- Contribute and develop mapping editorial policies including content creation for mapping responsible content domains, such as document and environment content domains
- Collaborate with other analysts or teams to manage projects (i.e. third party validation,)
- Performs second level quality assurance review on multiple administrative code set mappings
- Contributes to development of overall quality assurance plan for code set mapping.
- Provides modeling and design input for terminology modeling and product development
- Address complex customer service issues, including taking lead on customer phone calls and development of customer documentation messaging
- Internal resource for administrative coding issues/questions submitted by mapping or other IMO team members.
- Resolves complex mapping related issues identified from release generation process
- Provides mentoring and coaching to mapping team members.
- Internal resource for industry related topics that affect administrative codes
- Represent mapping in high-value client, industry initiatives and customer facing interactions, including but not limited to external presentations as necessary.
- Provides guidance on coding mapping review results from external review organization(s) (i.e., AHIMA or AHA) and collaborate with these organizations to address editorial issues.
- Articulates mapping impact in product usage across various channel partners
- Contribute to IMO marketing, sales and new product ideas as requested
- Knowledge and experience in LOINC® mapping or analysis
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical or Healthcare Technology, Medical Laboratory Science, or related field
- Experience in Clinical practice OR Clinical training in a Medical Technology accredited school
- Board Certification of Medical Technology a plus
- Knowledge of SNOMED, RxNorm or other standard terminologies
- Experience with electronic health records, laboratory information systems and terminology preferred
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.