Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
As a Product Owner at IMO, you'll work with software development teams on new products and solutions for IMO's exciting New Markets vertical. You'll provide development teams with a clear and descriptive set of requirements, captured as user stories. Your partnership with the development teams will determine what can be delivered by balancing the need for new features, resolving defects, and managing technical debt. The Product Owner will work closely with multiple stakeholders including but not limited to Product Managers, UX Experts, Software Developers, Program Management, and Enterprise Architects.
On a day to day basis, the Product Owner will conduct business and systems analysis, lead software and process design changes, and generate application documentation. The Product Owner will also work directly with customers to gather requirements and be the technical liaison between the software development team and the business customers
Agile Team Responsibilities
- Manage backlog in order to align with Product strategy and roadmap
- Meet with Customers to research user needs
- Interpret business needs
- Prepares User Requirements and translates requirements for Engineering teams
- Works with technical writers to ensure accurate and comprehensive documentation
- Represents the project stakeholders throughout the process
- Provides domain expertise during the acceptance testing process
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum/SAFe best practices and new trends
User Experience & Customer Focus Responsibilities
- Collaborate with User Experience Team on usability testing to ensure the right product is being produced for the customer
- Troubleshoot in support of product issues that are escalated from the Technical Services Team
- Provide product training to internal IMO teams and may support training efforts with Customers
- Partner with Product Management to understand and provide input on the strategic Product roadmap
- Keep current with industry trends and domain expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a healthcare related field OR requisite Product Owner experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in product ownership, product management, product development, or related field
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and process management/development skills
- Clinical or Healthcare industry experience, specifically with healthcare data or clinical code sets, is preferred
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.