Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
The Mapping Manager will provide leadership to a highly skilled team of clinical code system specialists. The Mapping Manager will guide best practices and set quality standards the team must meet to ensure the accuracy of terminology and vocabulary in IMO's software. IMO terms are mapped to a variety of healthcare codes and the Mapping Manager is responsible to represent the team in business discussions and estimate effort on new requests.
- Plan and monitor team activities to ensure mapping deliverables are accurate and timely for code maps to meet customer needs
- Assign and review a variety of administrative code set mappings for interface terminology in accordance with production and release schedule
- Adhere to nationally recognized correct coding guidelines appropriate for each code set mapped
- Contribute to development of overall quality assurance plan for code set mapping
- Provide modeling and design input for terminology modeling and product development
- Day to day management of teams including employee development, hiring and performance reviews
- Experience with US based code sets ICD-10-CM/PCS, ICD-9-CM, CPT, and HCPCS or international code sets such as ICD-10-AM, ICD-10-CA, ICD-10, CCI, OPCS, and/or ACHI experience required
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience (i.e. seven years’ work experience in coding and management) required
- Experience supervising, leading, or managing teams
- Experience using/establishing quality measurements to improve individual and team performance
- RHIA (US), RHIT (US), CHIP (Australia), CHIM (Canada), NCCQ (United Kingdom) credentials preferred
- 7+ years of coding experience in a variety of healthcare settings preferred
- Experience with electronic health records and terminology required
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.