Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
IMO provides a unique solution in the Healthcare Information Management industry. IMO’s ability to create and map terminology in a context agnostic manner enables IMO terminology use in over 80% of the clinical facilities in the US.
The Director of Informatics leads a team of Health Information Management and Clinical professionals to create, maintain and deliver IMO’s foundational data. Bring your healthcare industry knowledge mindset of process improvement to guide the future direction of IMO terminology. This position requires strong collaboration with Product Management, Content Delivery, Engineering and Architecture.
- Create and drive the clinical and code mapping fit of IMO terminology into the IMO strategy and growth model
- Expand the IMO knowledge model to meet the future needs of the health care industry
- Develop your team’s skills and knowledge to meet the business and individual needs
- Work across department boundaries to collaborate and integrate solutions
- Recruit, direct and coach a team of mapping professionals to deliver client value and meet product release requirements
- Develop, implement, and improve standards, processes, and tools within the team and across the organization
- Contribute to strategic and operational planning for Terminology Solutions
- Develop strong relationships between departments to foster collaboration and the development of highly profitable product offerings that will exceed customer expectations
- Management or Director level experience in hospital or healthcare IT systems, with EMR knowledge strongly preferred
- Strong team management and development experience, including goal setting and continuous feedback
- Familiarity with standard code systems, SNOMED, ICD-10, CPT, LOINC, RxNorm, NDC, HCC
- Experienced in health care data analysis for payment, patient care or population health
- Previous experience developing strategy and aligning with organizational objectives
- Strong technical skills with ability to communicate highly technical product requirements and features at a variety of levels
- Excellent communication skills with clients, executives, and peers
- Bachelor’s Degree in health care administration, systems, or medical profession
- Master’s degree preferred
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.