Senior Financial Analyst
Are you looking to make a difference in healthcare? Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO) is changing the future of healthcare. We are the team behind medical terminology solutions that improve history accuracy and completeness, reimbursement rates and more for over 80% of US clinicians, including inside of roughly 100 EMR’s.
Reporting directly to our VP, FP&A & Accounting, this Senior Financial Analyst role will have a unique opportunity to support IMO and our Product/Operations departments as we build out a Cloud Center of Excellence. The technology space is constantly evolving and this position will be the finance partner as our company builds out cloud strategy, governance, and best practices. Providing finance support through modeling and analytics is critical to our success in this area. In addition, this role will play a vital role partnering with the Product/Operations team in annual budgeting, monthly expense reviews, and overall financial support.
- Develop standard processes to review and analyze monthly spend within our cloud based services, AWS
- Leverage business intelligence tools to generate timely and value added analytics
- Partner with Product/Operations team to model various scenarios and determine cost savings opportunities
- Develop KPIs and support schedules to help measure and report on operational efficiencies and cost savings
- Lead annual budgeting and/or forecasting processes for Product/Operations departments
- Perform monthly variance analysis of operating expenses for actuals vs plan and prior year
- Summarize and present monthly financial performance to Product/Operations leaders
- Identify areas of process improvement and execute on proposed solutions
- Various ad hoc analysis
- 3-5 years full-time Financial Analyst experience (FP&A) with experience in monthly variance analysis and budgeting/forecasting
- Functional knowledge of modern Business Intelligence tools like Tableau, Qlik or PowerBI
- Innovative thinker with a focus on continuous process improvement
- Results-oriented with ability to initiate and lead projects to completion
- BS in Finance or Accounting, with solid GPA in core finance coursework
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with the ability to quickly learn various in-house software applications
- IMO is a hybrid workplace. We generally work wherever we do our best work; however, we value facetime & collaboration in the office. This position can office out of either our Rosemont, IL, or Chicago, IL locations.
- Experience in SaaS subscription business models
- Experience analyzing costs in AWS with tools such as CloudHealth or AWS Cost Explorer
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.