Associate Data Engineer
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO wants you to apply, even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
At IMO, a core team of clinicians, software developers, and data scientists combine computer science and medical expertise to help patients and healthcare professionals access high quality health information quickly and easily to improve total patient health. We are currently in need of a Data Engineer to join this team!
The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts, and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Join our growing Software Engineering department as a Data Engineer to help design, create, and support high quality solutions that support 80% of US clinicians and build the application of Data Engineering within IMO!
- Maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Implement internal process improvements in automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Manage existing data pipelines to implement source ingestion, gathering and logging access data.
- Develop proficiency of some or all of tech stack for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Maintain analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- A relevant technical BA/ BS Degree and one year of experience, or three years of relevant professional experience implementing well-architected data pipelines that are dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and reliable for analytics and platform solutions.
- Working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, such as PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB and Elasticsearch.
- Experience with ETL and BI Dashboard tools, such as Talend, Informatica, Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services, such as EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Experience with object-oriented/functional scripting languages, such as Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.