Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
The Solutions Architect is a member of the Enterprise Architecture team and will work in a dynamic cross-functional environment to guide IMO & External partner systems. You will use your industry insights and make recommendations to adopt the right integration best practice that enables the customer to be successful in a timely manner.
You will be responsible for establishing the thought leadership and integration architecture patterns between IMO products/APIs and various health care systems including but not limited to EHR/EMR/Health Information Exchange systems. This is a hands-on, individual contributor role with significant customer interaction.
- Act as the technical liaison for IMO’s customer facing products in the provider, payer and life sciences market
- Provide Architecture/Design guidance for consistent integration of IMO products/APIs/Widgets in the customer eco-system
- Create model architectures, integration best practices, sample code, user guide and explain complex business ideas in a simplified manner
- Practice rapid prototyping and build out proof of concepts as necessary
- Research latest trends, strategies and emerging technologies for cross systems integrations in the healthcare industry
- Think broader, identify patterns, perform gap analysis, experiment and build justifications for technology evolution, technology/tools consolidation and continuous improvements
- Customer focused: Facilitate deep dive sessions to understand the customer needs and work towards collaborative solutions
- Support the pre and post sales process with assets to fast-track deals and foster a better product adoption
- Develop relationships between key stakeholders and customers and become a trusted advisor for the customer
- Maintain and develop deep understanding of IMO’s products and services
- Collaborate with customer’s stakeholders to translate business requirements to target appropriate integration pattern
- Serve as a voice of the customer and participate in product roadmap development for IMO
- Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of progressive career growth in Health Informatics
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Considerable experience in medical terminologies including but not limited to SNOMED CT, LOINC, RxNORM and UMLS.
- Experience with methodologies & tooling for modern agile software development.
- Hands-on experience in AWS
- Programming in one or more languages/frameworks (C#, .net, python, pyspark, node.js, angular)
- Hands-on SQL knowledge with ability to infer RDBMS data models and basic ETL
- GraphQL and/or RESTful api development experience
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.