Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
For all IMO positions, if you live in the Greater Chicagoland Area, Houston, TX, or Roseville, CA, you’ll be expected to work from an IMO office 2 days per week.
The Senior Manager of Software Engineering leads a team of talented Software Engineers and is responsible for transforming IMO product vision into action and results. This Manager helps solve complex technical problems, develop and scale customer-facing applications and services, and build strong engineering teams. As people leader, Senior Manager serves as a career coach, process advocate, productivity guru, and escalation path for their team, enabling their team to deliver high quality technology products to the healthcare landscape.
This leader is results-driven and values cross-functional collaboration. They work closely with engineers, architects, product managers, and other specialized skillsets across the business to align priorities and meet product development timelines. If you're passionate about leading people and making an impact in healthcare, apply today!
What you'll impact
- Customer facing applications that your teams develop and support are mission critical and require high availability! Successfully leading a skilled and effective team translates to a direct effect on the work of clinicians.
- Improving architecture, deployments, development processes, and how teams view trends in healthcare technology by driving discussion and enabling a culture of curiosity.
- Helping to solve high priority issues, bug fixes, and other development challenges with a confident demeanor and creative approach.
What You'll Do
- Hire, lead, mentor, and manage a team of software engineers with diverse skill sets and backgrounds. Utilize continuous feedback, performance reviews, 360 feedback surveys, and other tools to ensure the continuous professional growth of your team members.
- Guide and support the development of software products. Manage software ownership and development from initial concept through release, and continuous improvement. Establish clear objectives and key results. Direct, guide, and support engineering team, ensuring consistency in execution, results, and adherence to principles of engineering excellence.
- Act as an escalation path for team impediments, encourage a solutions-oriented mindset within the team and lead by example.
- Leverage your technical understanding of cloud technologies, software and system architecture, and development processes to provide technical guidance to your team and establish implementation standards and practices.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including product management, data engineering, clinical terminology, customer success and others to define execution plans and provide technical expertise throughout all phases of product development.
- Serve as an Agile process advocate for the department, championing iterative delivery, transparency, and culture of collaboration and innovation.
What You'll Need
- 7+ years’ experience managing software or data engineering teams in an Agile engineering environment.
- Strong and effective inter-personal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders and staff.
- Prior experience as a software engineer, data engineer, or within a similar technical role. Although you won't be writing code as a Manager, we expect you to help drive technical conversation and innovation with the team.
- Experience with modern software architecture principles and components (microservices, cloud architecture, CICD automation, etc.)
- Experience in working with Electronic Health Records or Electronic Medical Records software, or similar experience in the HealthcareIT domain is strongly preferred.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Bachelors degree in a technical field; Advanced degree in Technical or Management fields a plus.
- This is a hybrid role. Candidates must be local to the Chicagoland area and expect to work in our Rosemont, IL office at least 2 days per week.
What We'll Give You
- The space to be innovative and collaborative with your peers and team members.
- Training from the best. Collectively, we’ve got years of expertise in Healthcare and IT.
- Part of a tight-knit team that supports each other, challenges each other, and is looking to make a significant impact in the industry.
- Excellent benefits package, including competitive benefits through multiple health, dental, and vision plans, 100% company match up to 5% contribution on your 401(k), flexible PTO and hours, and more!
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.