Senior Data Scientist
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
At IMO, a core team of clinicians, software developers, and data scientists combine computer science and medical expertise to help patients and healthcare professionals access high quality health information quickly and easily to improve total patient health. We are currently in need of a Principal Data Scientist to join this team! The ideal candidate will be intricately involved in collaborating across the enterprise, running analytical experiments in a methodical manner, and will regularly evaluate alternate models via theoretical approaches. This is the perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to become a part of an innovative and energetic team that develops analysis tools which will influence both our products and clients.
Join our growing Software Engineering department as a Principal Data Scientist to help design, create, and support high quality solutions that support 80% of US clinicians and build the application of Data Science within IMO!
- Facilitate the creation of strategic initiatives that will provide advanced solutions for business cases and drive product development.
- Implement advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques, focusing on clear algorithmic methods, models, and visualizations.
- Establish and improve on the department’s technical standards, mentor the department on standards, and ensure alignment with architectural direction.
- Leverage machine learning and data mining techniques.
- Combine data extraction, preparation, and cleaning with model training and evaluation.
- Design, develop, and implement programs, processes, and systems to generate actionable insights and drive business decisions.
- Develop and code software programs, algorithms, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources in a production environment.
- Use your thorough understanding of data science, analysis, and software engineering principle to mentor data scientists and engineers.
- Interpret and communicate insights and findings from analysis and experiments for a multi-department audience.
- Support organizational decisions with well-understood and actionable insights, models, and artifacts.
- Stay current on data science and analytics tools, techniques, and practices.
- Master’s degree in Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, or a related field; PhD preferred.
- Strong experience building machine learning models that have been deployed to production and adopted.
- Demonstrated experience deploying, maintaining, versioning, and A/B testing machine learning models.
- Demonstrated experience working with cloud platforms
- Experience with graph databases
- Demonstrated experience and skill developing and deploying full-stack solutions in Python including: Experience with Spark, pySpark, Experience with deep learning, NLP, TensorFlow and TensorFlow Serving.
- Experience with, and the ability to follow standardized development practices and tools, including TFS/GIT, code standards, and process standards.
- Experience with CI/CD tools or environments.
- Demonstrated proficiency writing unit tests using standard unit test frameworks.
- The ability to understand and create process documentation.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical techniques, concepts, methods, and approaches, and experience with their application.
- Proficiency and comfort using multivariate calculus and linear algebra.
IMO provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.