Application Security Engineer
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
As an Application Security Engineer you will work directly with product development teams and Site Reliability Engineers to identify risks and drive their remediation across the IMO platform. You will also build and own tools, services, and infrastructure potentially used across the company. As IMO continues to scale we are looking for engineers to join us to help build and evolve our security apparatus and empower us to take on even more ambitious projects. You will have regular opportunity and support for your career growth in a company that is invested in helping people do the best work of their careers.
- Engineer, implement, and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks,
- and information.
- Identify and define system security requirements to be used as standards within various IMO products.
- Configure and troubleshoot security tooling related to job assignments.
- Provide risk analysis for vulnerabilities before, during, and after product releases.
- Develop documentation including any assessment findings, outcomes, and proposals for further product security enhancements.
- Be an active member in all technical workgroups to recommend effective security configurations and
- Perform security tool administration of SCA/SAST/DAST platform providing risk analysis for IMO developed applications.
- Stay current with security trends and industry standards.
- Experience with using or maintaining packages in an artifact store (ex. PyPy.org, nuget.org, npmjs.org,), must understand package versioning, nested package versioning.
- Understanding of common CI/CD systems.
- Hands on experience with SAST, DAST, SCA solutions like Veracode
- Knowledge of integration tooling with developer pipelines.
- Exposure with working in an Agile SDLC workflow.
- Insight into IaC tooling, Terraform strongly preferred.
- High level of commitment to teamwork.
Preferred Skills or Skills You'll Learn
- Exposure to threat modeling application workflows with development teams.
- Familiarity with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Understanding of penetration testing.
- Involvement in testing and development of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with AWS security services.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.