Business Development Associate
Business Development - New Markets
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
Open to candidates in the Greater Chicagoland Area with a willingness to travel for periodic onsite collaboration (Rosemont HQ office or Chicago office).
Our BDR team develops new relationships with prospects to expand the IMO footprint and help grow revenue for the company. The BDR is one of the main sources for generating leads at the top of the funnel and is responsible for several things which include: learning the healthcare space, understanding our products and buyers, articulating our value propositions, researching potential customers, engaging prospects via email, phone, and social, maintaining a high level of activity to hit goals, scheduling meetings, and facilitating conversations with enterprise sales reps. A high level of creativity, hard work, and grit are required to be successful in the role. This role typically requires an associate’s degree or equivalent and reports directly to the Director of Business Development.
- Prospecting, educating, qualifying, and developing prospects to create sales-ready leads and opportunities
- Excellent writing, communication, and listening skills; you must understand objections and overcome them by turning on the fence potential customers into ecstatic new clients
- Strive to develop and cultivate a book of business to reach and obtain metrics and goals
- Partnering with the New Markets Sales Team and other internal groups to identify and capitalize on outreach strategies
- Understand the value add of IMO’s products in relationship to prospect needs, requirements and timelines
- Provide reporting to show impact of opportunity position of your business unit
- 1+ sales or business development experience or the sales aptitude to articulate IMO’s value propositions to others
- SaaS experience preferred but not required
- Ability to create strong customer relationships and leverage them for sales opportunities
- Expertise in working in a fast-paced environment, constantly prioritizing tasks, and meeting multiple deadlines
- Organized and detail-oriented; effectively structure and execute your sales process
- Technical aptitude to utilize a CRM for pipeline management and tracking, we use Salesforce
- Passion for the Healthcare industry, a strong plus!
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.