Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Are you looking to make a difference in healthcare? Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO) is changing the future of healthcare. We are the team behind medical terminology solutions that improve history accuracy and completeness, reimbursement rates and more for over 80% of US clinicians, including inside of roughly 100 EMR’s.
The SRE role is a software engineering role that requires not only an understanding of how our systems are meant to work, but also the skills needed to adjust when they don’t. Additionally, our SREs take the lead on proactively implementing non-functional requirements which enable us to meet the objectives set out in our Service Level Agreements (SLA).
We leverage Amazon AWS as our cloud provider and embrace tools for automation and continuous delivery, including TFS, Octopus Deploy, Terraform, AWS CodeBuild/CodeDeploy, and more.
Join our growing Software Engineering department and help us build and support scalable, highly available, services that support 80% of US clinicians!
- Works closely with software development teams to ensure the operational success of production services and platforms
- Works with other SREs to drive standards and consistency around infrastructure and reliability requirements
- Implements and automates monitoring and metric collection to prevent incidents before they happen
- Drives teams to make cost-efficient use of cloud resources
- Locates, reveals, and tracks system-level risks, with follow-through to removal and mitigatio
- Implements creative solutions to technical challenges and embraces out-of-the-box thinking to apply knowledge and learning from various disciplines to create new or improve existing products.
- Experience in SRE, DevOps, systems administration, or software engineering environments that utilize AWS offerings
- Experience working with automated cloud hosted infrastructure, deployment, monitoring, and alerting
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience with operating systems and a strong understanding of network architectures
- A strong understanding of Internet standards and protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP, and UDP
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.