Senior Agile Portfolio Manager
Enterprise Project Management
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
The IMO Agile Portfolio Manager (Senior) role influences the most important product and technology programs in our company. This role works across all departments and is designed for someone motivated by both high-level objectives and low-level details. You’ll manage initiatives from inception to launch, while closely partnering with these cross-functional groups to manage dependencies, mitigate risks, and drive day to day activities. You’ll be on a team with other Portfolio Managers and have a strong support system, providing mentorship and peer collaboration. You’ll have the opportunity to present to senior management and offer guidance and recommendations that influence our ability to meet our goals.
- Product Portfolio Management:
- Lead multiple cross-functional teams with members from Product Management, Product Development, Growth, Finance, Legal, Marketing, and Enterprise IT. Organize and lead cross-functional meetings by setting agendas, organizing speakers, sending out recap notes, and closing out follow-ups / action items.
- Directly influence the way we achieve Key Results by leading brainstorming sessions, advocating for knowledge sharing / cross-training, and facilitating cross-functional decision making.
- Champion mature program management activities such as KPI tracking, providing recurring executive readouts, and fostering a sense of “shared accountability” across the cross-functional team.
- Participate in cross-portfolio product Planning and Execution, including prioritization of work, capacity planning, dependency management, timeline and scope commitments, and governing changes through effective change management practices.
- Initiative Management:
- Plan and deliver healthcare technology initiatives, including management of all activities from ideation through commercialization / launch. Direct successful execution while managing cost, scope, and timeframe factors.
- Drive down initiative blockers, by identifying risks, devising mitigation plans, and escalating issues to management.
- Ensure clear and transparent communication, by providing scheduled and on-demand status reports and updates.
- Program Management Operations:
- Utilize PMO tools to centralize communication and maintain relevant program data. Utilize tools such as JIRA, Aha!, Confluence, PPM Pro, and Tableau.
- Dashboard ownership within our primary PMO tool (PPM Pro). Activities include, KPI dashboard setup and maintenance, customizations for specific departments, and configuration for enterprise-wide reporting.
- Support cross-portfolio financial management activities, examples are: validating time / costs associated to an Initiative, maintaining accurate rates and team assignments, and monitoring Lights On vs non-Lights On distribution.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong software delivery program management and organizational skills.
- Motivation to pursue solutions and solve problems, especially when the problems are ambiguous or complex.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks at once and the willingness to ask for help when you need it.
- Equal excitement to understand the big picture but also dive into the details.
- Your voice (whether it’s a loud one or a quiet one). We believe in communicating. Ideas, needs, questions, concerns, good jokes.. Remember when we said we welcome your point of view? We meant it.
- Healthcare IT experience is preferred.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.