Director, Data Science Engineering
Are you looking to make a difference in healthcare? Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO) is changing the future of healthcare. We are the team behind medical terminology solutions that improve history accuracy and completeness, reimbursement rates and more for over 80% of US clinicians, including inside of roughly 100 EMR’s.
As the Director of Data Science Engineering, you will build and lead our data science engineering organization. You will have exposure across our entire business and will create a vision for your organization which aligns with our product and technology roadmap. You will be responsible for team productivity and career development and will provide technical leadership, strategy, and architectural vision to your team. You will serve as a coach and should be willing to roll up your sleeves and work alongside your team while guiding them to grow both technically and professionally.
- Build-out our Data Science Engineering organization within our broader Engineering organization.
- Set a vision for the application of data science at IMO within our internal and external products.
- Define and track strategically aligned objectives and key results (OKRs) for the Data Science Engineering team.
- Become a thought leader in the application of data science to healthcare terminology.
- Apply cutting-edge data science techniques including supervised and unsupervised machine learning, semantic analysis, inferential statistics, predictive modeling, and other approaches to our products to solve problems and add value to our customers (external and internal).
- Partner closely with our Product Management, Terminology Solutions, and Enterprise Architecture teams to identify opportunities to fuel our products with data and data science outcomes.
- Apply Agile principles and values with a focus on adaptive leadership, de-centralized decision making and continuous delivery of value.
- Mentors others, and function as a subject matter expert, on scalability, systems level thinking, and process improvement within the department.
- Master’s degree in quantitative field like Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent professional experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in the Data Science field, with at least 5 years of that experience managing Data Science teams in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms including Classification, Regression, Clustering, Dimensionality Reduction, Model Selection, and Feature Extraction
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
- Demonstrated experience working with AWS, preferably including Lambda, Sagemaker, and infrastructure-as-code.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.