Business Analyst - Contract
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for the end-to-end process related to his or her features, including developing functional and non-functional business requirements, understanding how requirements impact both the technical and functional nature of an application and collaborating with engineering to build features according to business needs. This Business Analyst is responsible for prioritizing the work of the software engineering team to ensure the most valued functionality. This role will require someone who understands technology and business, a high degree of organization and attention to detail, and the ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
Contract duration: 6 months
- As the Business Analyst/Product Owner, lead an agile team to deliver forecasted sprint goals, and solve problems efficiently and completely, according to principals of scrum development.
- Work closely with stakeholders to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Lead team sprints and road mapping processes
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders.
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Experience owning a product delivery cycle and delivering software solutions.
- Manage and respond promptly and professionally to defect reports. Aid support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
- Take responsibility for and lead new initiatives in content accuracy and quality.
- Focus the team towards utilizing standards/metrics that provide guidance and feedback.
- Oversee current state process capture, identify, recommend and implement process re-engineering to support automation.
- Responsible for delivering ad hoc projects to support leadership, working with the product managers on strategic initiatives.
- Ensure that all content released to IMO Clients meets our high standards and expectations.
- Acquire working knowledge of IMO terminology solutions and related technology tools.
- At least 3 years of working experience as a Business Analyst, Product Owner, or similar role with an Agile team
- Proficient in gathering business requirements, process flows and use cases
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and experience with JIRA/Confluence/Aha! Software a plus
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.