Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Are you looking to make a difference in healthcare? Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO) is changing the future of healthcare. We are the team behind medical terminology solutions that improve history accuracy and completeness, reimbursement rates and more for over 80% of US clinicians, including inside of roughly 100 EMR’s.
At IMO, our SRE team takes the lead on operational availability of our internally developed cloud-hosted applications throughout the Software Engineering organization. SRE team members are partnered with our application development teams, working together to build, deploy, and support a reliable, resilient, and secure cloud-first platform. The SRE role is a software engineering role that requires not only an understanding of how our systems are meant to work but also the skills needed to adjust things when they don’t.
Additionally, our SREs take the lead on proactively implementing non-functional requirements which enable us to meet the objectives set out in our Service Level Agreements (SLA). We leverage Amazon AWS as our cloud provider and embrace tools for automation and continuous delivery, including TFS, Octopus Deploy, Terraform, AWS CodeBuild/CodeDeploy, and more.
- Work closely with software development teams to ensure the operational success of production applications
- Automate, Automate, Automate -reduce manual toil and outages while enhancing scalability, security, and resiliency of our system and applications - creativity is key here!
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Drive teams to make cost-efficient use of cloud resources via capacity planning and automated scaling
- Develop, debug, maintain, and apply infrastructure-as-code to deploy cloud resources
- Identify opportunities and influence the roadmap of deployment infrastructure standards and tooling
- Influence and participate in design and architecture decisions
- 5+ years of experience in SRE, DevOps, systems administration, or software engineering with a track record of hands-on experience automating application deployment to Amazon AWS
- Hands-on experience writing and applying infrastructure-as-code, such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Real world experience with cloud based applications, from planning to deployment and support phases
- Experience working with monitoring and alert tools like New Relic
- Experience writing and maintaining scripts to automate processes (yes, we're serious about automation)
- Experience with source control toolings, such as TFS or GIT, in a team environment
- A strong understanding of Internet standards and protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP, and UDP
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.