Service Desk Specialist
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
The Enterprise IT (EIT) Service Desk Specialist is responsible for successfully troubleshooting and resolving incidents and service requests entered by IMO employees, consultants and interns who are both on premise and remote with a strong focus on customer service. This position is part of the team that is responsible for reviewing, categorizing and assigning work orders that come in through the service desk as well as working assigned tickets through completion with proper follow-up and documentation. This position will research and implement solutions and escalate to the proper resources when necessary.
- Provide technical support for all IMO employees, consultants, and interns
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and network-related problems encountered by both local and remote end-users
- Train end-users on EIT supported hardware and software applications
- Take direction from EIT management to document necessary training materials for end-users as well as technical documentation/knowledge articles
- Use established tracking system to log requests; monitor progress, track problem resolution, identify patterns of failure, research bug fixes, and implement solutions; communicate with manager regarding unresolved problems
- Resolve Microsoft and Mac operating system issues; research and test possible resolution and implement solutions
- Assist EIT team members to solve system application and usability issues by replicating the issue and implementing fixes
- Install new/rebuilding existing workstations and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with EIT standards
- 2-3 years in Service Desk experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of workstation and laptop hardware
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office Suites (Windows 10 and Office 365)
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of networking technologies (DNS, DHCP, VLAN, ACL, VPM, QoS) a plus
- A+ certification a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science a plus
- Strong Mac OS background a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of commitment to customer service and teamwork
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to think logically and to resolve problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment and closely follow the direction of other team members
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.