Accountant (Technical Accounting)
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
We are seeking a Technical Accountant to join the Controllership team. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, our ideal partner will be a self-motivated team player who is excited to roll up their sleeves and has a strong foundation in the software industry and US GAAP. The Technical Accountant will serve as the capitalized software business partner to the Operations department. The Technical Accountant will additionally be responsible for select monthly close activities and project work, such as acquisition accounting and researching and implementing new accounting standards. The successful candidate must be highly analytical, organized, possess a high aptitude for problem-solving, and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Responsible for all things related to capitalized software, such as:
- The business partner to the operations department – for projects that qualify for capitalization assist with capturing documentation of the different phases of development to evidence milestones in the process
- Answer questions about what qualifies for capitalization, particularly in an Agile environment
- Maintain the accounting policy and procedure documentation
- Provide monthly reporting of capitalized activities
- Participate in the forecast and budget process as it relates to capitalized software projects.
- Involvement in month-end closing activities related to the preparation of capitalized software entries, payroll, and as otherwise necessary
- Participate in the annual financial audit, including interaction/correspondence with external auditors and preparation of required schedules and documentation.
- Involvement with maintaining compliance for tax matters.
- Participate in special projects as needed, including acquisitions, technical accounting research, and research, evaluate, and implement new accounting standards.
- Continually evaluate opportunities to drive greater efficiencies and effectiveness in accounting and operational processes/systems and in the accounting close process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience in accounting-related work (large corporation and/or Big 4 public accounting experience a significant plus)
- Experience in the software industry, including capitalized software rules required
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Commitment to continuous process improvement
- Motivated self-starter with ability to take full ownership of assignments and who can effectively work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Experience managing complex and/or judgmental accounting areas
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong excel skills and attention to detail
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.