Director, Product Management - Surgical Services
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
We are hiring a data and clinically savvy Director of Product Management to take IMO Core Periop to the next level of value in the healthcare market. You will drive the definition, delivery, and adoption IMO Core Periop, a clinical terminology solution that helps surgical coordinators accurately schedule procedures to enhance perioperative workflows, optimize operating room utilization, and improve reimbursement. You will collaborate with customers, channel partners and internal cross-functional stakeholders to bring additional, innovative solutions to the surgical services setting. You will serve as chief evangelist for your products, committed to helping IMO achieve annual & quarterly P&L targets. You are an engaged leader with strong business acumen and exceptional communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have all or some combination of the following skills:
(1) A background as an executive leader and/or senior data analyst for a surgical services line;
(2) Commercial product development or consulting experience in the healthcare technology and analytics space
Candidates must demonstrate significant healthcare domain expertise, including knowledge of preoperative, perioperative, and postoperative workflows. You comprehend the needs of clinical, financial, and administrative stakeholders. You understand the importance of data quality to accomplishing the goals of the Quadruple Aim: enhancing patient experience, enhancing caregiver experience, improve population health, and reducing costs.
- Lead cross-functional teams from engineering, architecture, clinical informatics, client services, sales and marketing through the product lifecycle process
- Dedicate yourself to understanding the surgical services market; identify and fill product gaps or generate new ideas to drive both customer and internal value
- Articulate product positioning and customer value; illustrate measurable ROI
- Work closely with sales and channel partners to identify, pursue and track opportunities
- Support marketing initiatives to drive awareness and adoption
- Establish pricing in partnership with sales, marketing, and finance counterparts
- Demonstrate maturity and competence when presenting to, and collaborating with, clients and partners
- Operate with integrity, act with customer empathy, openly partner with stakeholders
- 10+ years of experience defining, delivering, or applying software and data technology to the clinical health market
- 5+ years of product management, informatics, product development or related functional experience
- Excellent communication and stakeholder collaboration skills
- Demonstrated track record owning and driving product / solution growth in highly competitive or complex markets
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- Must be willing to travel up to 20%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Informatics, Business, Marketing, Engineering or other related area
- MBA, MPH, or advanced relevant degree preferred
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.