Senior Manager, Learning & Development Programs
People & Culture
Are you looking to make a difference in healthcare? Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO) is changing the future of healthcare. We are the team behind medical terminology solutions that improve history accuracy and completeness, reimbursement rates and more for over 80% of US clinicians, including inside of roughly 100 EMR’s.
This position will serve as the primary operator and tactician for IMO’s learning and development framework, curricula, and learning programs. The Senior Manager will collaborate with the Chief People Officer in designing and delivering extraordinary, forward-thinking learning programs that further enrich our talented workforce with the appropriate skills, experiences, capabilities, and competencies for their success as a Valued Business Adviser. Further, this Senior Manager will work closely with various stakeholders to build the appropriate learning content while delivering it through a multi-dimensional portfolio of learning technologies, formats, resources, and tools.
- Manage all day-to-day aspects of the existing IMO Pathways L&D Framework (“Framework”) and the Value Business Adviser (VBA) curriculum which underlies
- Ensure learning objectives are clearly defined, communicated, understood, and complied with by the organization and its employees
- Monitor the effectiveness of each component of the Framework and related curricula (including VBA); evaluate and procure the appropriate data/analytics around success; make recommendations for and mobilize continuous improvement around it
- Produce regular reporting on the L&D Functions progress, accomplishments, and shortcomings, as applicable
- Partner with business leaders and other HR/People team members to identify the skills and competencies needed to strengthen the organization and prepare it for growth and scale
- Become quickly immersed into the company culture to ensure all learning and development content reinforces and clarifies it
- Manage a living and breathing backlog of L&D projects, programs, tasks, opportunities, and issues while appropriately prioritizing and utilizing the right resources to enable continuous delivery
- Manage the communications around the L&D Function, its merits and related value proposition; market it internally and externally as a differentiator in the IMO career experience
- Develop well-executed plans for engaging a multi-dimensional and multi-locational workforce (including remote talent) in the IMO L&D programs
- Stay informed about and represent opportunities to use cutting-edge, nimble, just-in-time learning tools and technologies
- Manage external vendors, and collaborate with designated industry-known experts in areas of learning including those with niche expertise
- Work extensively as an individual contributor (roll up the sleeves) while leveraging a shared pool of generalists for additional support
- When and where appropriate, facilitate learning sessions for employees
- Create and manage the process by which training content is always up to date and relevant
- Stay close to IMO’s developing goals, objectives, and imperatives and remain astute enough to recognize and respond to any implications to the existing Framework and curricula.
- Develop relationships with the appropriate internal and external stakeholders while remaining a champion for IMO’s vision, mission, and shared values
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management, Organizational Behavior, Communications, Learning and Development, or other Business Degree required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 8 years in the L&D, Leadership, and/or Organizational Development field; 3+ years at the Manager level of that field
- Certified Learning and Performance Professional (CPLP) credential preferred
- Prior experience in healthcare, technology, and/or healthcare technology helpful
- Good group facilitation, coaching and mentoring skills preferred, but not required
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation creation skills
- Ability to effectively identify, develop and execute/deliver projects with varying scope
- Must have effective, efficient and proactive problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail, thoroughness with projects and execution a must
- Familiar with and user of Agile Software Development Principles helpful
- Proven ability to collaborate, influence, and negotiate
- Keen sensitivity, and demonstrated ability to establish respect, credibility, and trust at all levels of the organization.
- Must have a keen eye for and proven success around process simplification which leads to heightened efficiency and effectiveness
- Should possess a baseline analytics capability – with a natural inclination to use data as means to monitoring and reporting on success, return-on-investment, etc.
- Can office out of either our Rosemont, IL, or Chicago, IL locations
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.