Business Development Executive - Emerging Markets
Are you looking to make a difference in healthcare? Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO) is changing the future of healthcare. We are the team behind medical terminology solutions that improve history accuracy and completeness, reimbursement rates and more for over 80% of US clinicians, including inside of roughly 100 EMR’s.
The Business Development Executive will be responsible for developing new business opportunities in all regions of the US, growing our market share and achieving success by exceeding company sales targets. IMO’s growth is primarily driven through our leading healthcare software partners, and we're seeking a dynamic sales professional to join our entrepreneurial-minded New Markets Sales Team to help identify and close new markets and/or channels across the broader healthcare ecosystem.
The Business Development Executive will need to understand & learn the multiple viewpoints and user personas for prospecting and business development strategies (both B2B and B2B2B) in healthcare software. They will become familiar with the technical and integration discussions of IMO products, and understand IMO’s product position in specific markets.
This executive will spend the majority of their time developing and cultivating new prospects, moving them through the sales process and closing new business, including developing customized sales proposals.
- Strive to develop and cultivate a rolodex of industry contacts to open relationships
- Demo, consult, negotiate and close first sales contracts for new vendors/customers while feeding the pipeline for up-sale opportunities
- Represent IMO at vendor-specific tradeshows and market tradeshows when safe and available
- Understand the value add of IMO’s products in relationship to prospect needs, requirements and timelines
- Provide reporting to show impact of opportunity position of your business unit
- Minimum 5 years of new business development experience, preferably working in the broader healthcare ecosystem
- Demonstrated experience hunting for sales prospects in SaaS or B2B sales
- Market knowledge of different healthcare software solutions, use cases and provider markets
- Understanding how data is used to make healthcare decisions across payers providers and vendors
- *Reside in major metropolitan areas, within reasonable commute distance of major national airports
- Technical understanding of healthcare operations, healthcare reimbursement policies and healthcare coding systems
- In-depth knowledge of different healthcare software solutions and provider markets
- Bachelors degree in business, computer science, economics, or healthcare informatics
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.