Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
As a Product Owner, you'll work with software development teams to create new products and solutions for the New Markets product vertical. This role will directly impact how IMO expands its product line and offerings to companies in the healthcare space. You're responsible for providing development teams with a clear and descriptive set of requirements captured as user stories. Partner closely with the development teams to determine what can be delivered by balancing the need for new features, defects, and technical debt. You'll also work with multiple stakeholders including but not limited to Product Managers, UX Experts, Software Developers and Software Architects.
- Acts as the Product Owner within Agile scrum teams performing the following:
- Manages Backlog
- Meets with Customers to research user needs
- Interprets the business needs
- Prepares User Requirements and translates requirements for Engineering
- Works with technical writers on documentation
- Represents the project stakeholders throughout the process
- Provides domain expertise during the acceptance testing process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, computer science, MIS or healthcare related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in product management, product development, or related field
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and process skills
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- Must be willing to travel up to 20%
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Chicago, IL.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.